Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Training


Convicted today.
Too many of us parents raise our children like OK pet owners or ranchers. Give them their daily bath and hair combing(grooming). Give them regular, possibly nutritious meals. Keep them in safety cages(baby gates and play pens). Hand them toys(or put on a movie).
The day to day, hour by hour interactive training, in politeness, manners, Christian attitude, self discipline and practical life is either severely lacking or non-existent!
I myself have been guilty of corralling my precious ones and ignoring their person hood.
I want my children to be and act like children of the Most High God! To be polite and treat others and their belongings as they want to be treated. To thank God for every blessing, no matter how small it seems. To be obedient and gentle while still being strong and capable.
This takes work.

0 comments: