Saturday, February 13, 2010

My growing babies



Isaiah is going on his first no-parent outing today. I should say, none of his parents. His best friend is having his birthday celebrated by going to the movies with his friends and to a pizza party. Noah's parents will be chaperoning. He is very excited! I am happy for him but still feeling like a nervous mother hen.

Emma has been in full force lately. Yesterday, at Target, I told her that we were going to look at little girl clothes. My little chatterbox says (loudly)"yes, we don't want to look at boy and man's clothes because boys and mans have penises!" The woman walking closest to us choked down a laugh and then said "well, revelations can happen anywhere."
Just a few seconds later a couple pushing a little boy walk past and she shouts "look mom, that boy is wearing a pink shirt! Can you believe that? Boys are not supposed to wear pink! That's kind of naughty!" I went the other way...
In the shoe department, she shows me some "cute" baby shoes and I agree that they are cute but too small for her. She replies, "Yes, when I was a baby I could wear them but now I'm a toddelen."
This girl was sent to keep me laughing,on my toes, but laughing!
My Noah has his first tooth and a cold so I haven't been getting any sleep. Luckily, he still has his sweet smile.
He is a little smarty. Yesterday, I was holding him facing daddy but daddy wasn't paying attention so he leaned way over to daddy's face ,put his hand up and said "HI!"
I love these little buggers~

0 comments: