Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Appreciating The Difference



Genesis 1:27 (King James Version)

27So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.

I have been thinking about something very obvious, MEN AND WOMEN ARE DIFFERENT AND SHOULD BE.
Wow, what a revelation. As obvious as this should be, society today is doing everything it can to ignore and to change this. Just watch TV! Men are so softened that you don't know if they're gay until you find out if that they have a wife ( and even that doesn't prove anything). Being "macho" is shown as a primitive, negative thing. Boys are encouraged to be more sensitive; don't be afraid to wear pink,FLAUNT IT with"Real men wear pink" shirts,play with dolls & embrace your soft side. The "metro" sexual is the perfect man for today's strong woman. He's clean, smells, good, loves decorating, shopping and soft music. He is the perfect best friend.
Don't get me wrong, I think that the manliest men should get clean and care about their hygiene, but if a man is doing all of the things God created men to do, he won't STAY that way all of the time, or be horrified when he's sweaty and grimy.I love what my hubby says, "The only soft side of me is you". We are two parts of one whole. We NEED to be different.
I want my husband to be my best friend but not in the same way I have a best girl friend. I embrace the fact that he won't want to spend all day at the mall telling me "how cute" those shoes are or how wonderful the candles smell! The fact that he will go with me to Hobby Lobby is something that I will appreciate as a sacrifice on his part, just like when I drudge through Best Buy.
Women are typically, sexually drawn to the "tough guy" but if she's lucky enough to get one, society tells her that he needs to change into her male gal-pal or he is an ignorant brute. The intrigue and excitement is lost or transformed into a comfortable friendship.
Having a pre-pubescent son is another reason that modern expectations of manhood are a subject of concern to me. I don't want him to think that he can never cry or enjoy a musical but I certainly understand why he isn't inclined to,and boy am I glad! My boy has to be reminded to shower, brush his teeth, comb his hair and make his bed. He is noisy and can't get enough action. He's a boy.
I wouldn't trade my man's 'manness' for anything. I want the protectiveness, passion, aggression and strength!
Sometimes I want to spend the day with someone that gets excited about that adorable dress or new recipe, that's why I have a female friend!
When I'm home, I want someone that gets excited about ME, that's why I married a MAN!

1 Corinthians 6:9-10 (New American Standard Bible)

9,Or (A)do you not know that the unrighteous will not (B)inherit the kingdom of God? (C)Do not be deceived; (D)neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor [a]effeminate, nor homosexuals,

10.nor thieves, nor the covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers, will (E)inherit the kingdom of God.

ef·fem·i·nate   /adj. ɪˈfɛmənɪt; v. ɪˈfɛməˌneɪt/ Show Spelled [adj. ih-fem-uh-nit; v. ih-fem-uh-neyt] Show IPA adjective, verb,-nat·ed, -nat·ing.
–adjective
1.(of a man or boy) having traits, tastes, habits, etc., traditionally considered feminine, as softness or delicacy.
2.characterized by excessive softness, delicacy, self-indulgence, etc.: effeminate luxury.

fem·i·nine   /ˈfɛmənɪn/ Show Spelled[fem-uh-nin]
–adjective
1.pertaining to a woman or girl: feminine beauty; feminine dress.
2.having qualities traditionally ascribed to women, as sensitivity or gentleness.
3.effeminate; womanish: a man with a feminine walk.
4.belonging to the female sex; female: feminine staff members.

mas·cu·line   /ˈmæskyəlɪn/ Show Spelled[mas-kyuh-lin] Show IPA
–adjective
1.pertaining to or characteristic of a man or men: masculine attire.
2.having qualities traditionally ascribed to men, as strength and boldness.

0 comments: