Friday, February 26, 2010

Forgiveness

There is an alarming confusion in the church. It's the idea that true forgiveness embraces denial and trust. It's this dangerous belief that will allow a pedophile or homosexual to be alone with children because they claim to be saved and (as I have personally seen)allows predators an easy buffet of targets. Anyone who objects is "unforgiving" and "UN-christian". This practice is much like leaving your toddler in a room with a Tiger because you were told that it's tame!
The parents and leadership that have allowed this are foolish and themselves are sinning!
While it is true that God can and desires to save anyone, it is also true that we cannot see into another heart. You cannot GUARANTEE that that person is truly a new creation. What you actually do know is that this person has a history of being "unnatural"(Rom.1:23) and debase. A person who's very nature is not the nature that God gave to humanity cannot be trusted.You do Know that God gave you the responsibility of protecting your children!
God is our ultimate example of forgiveness and has, Himself, told us to hate the workers of evil and at times to "dust off our feet". We are commanded to act with wisdom.
I find the subject of forgiveness to be a deep and sometimes difficult one. I base my desire for forgiveness on my desire to follow Gods word as well as personal desire. I also base the raising of my children and honoring my husband on the same thing. In order to follow God in all things, all things must be in agreement.
We are commanded to godly forgiveness,discernment and love. We are also commanded to never compromise with sin or "wink" at unrighteousness.
Sometimes it just comes down to common sense. I would forgive someone for steeling my car but I wouldn't leave my keys with them. I would forgive someone for hating and slandering my husband but I wouldn't expose my children to them. I would forgive a tale bearer but not confide in them. I can love someone that disrespects me or my husband but could not have my children influenced by them.
These are acts that would have been committed against ME. It is not my place to forgive someone for stealing YOUR car, but if I'm smart, I wouldn't trust them with mine. I know people who continuously struggle with homosexual perversion and care for them, but would never leave my child with them.
That's another important aspect to look at, when it comes to forgiving and possible trust. Do they have a REPEATED history of their sin? Is it still a part of their mind set? Are they truly a new person or just wanting to be? If they are still "struggling" I.E. not truly delivered, I would be an irresponsible fool to ignore it, especially where innocent children are involved!
Regardless of Any one's opinion, the protection of my children is just as high on God's list of expectations as any form of forgiveness. That includes the physical,spiritual,emotional and mental.

0 comments: