Saturday, April 10, 2010

About Me


I have recently realized that I have changed a lot since I married my awesome man. Not everything has changed but a whole lot has! Here are some various facts about me -the me that I am now. :)
I still like animals but not nearly as much. For instance, I'd rather have a cat put to sleep than have it live in my house; I really don't like cats! I'd still like to own a horse but there are things I'd rather have or do.
I like rock music but prefer Folk and Bluegrass.
I'm bolder than I used to be. I've learned that some people won't like you even when you just smile and nod so I may as well be real.
I am a lot more affectionate, I give lots of hugs and kisses.
I'm not a violent sleeper anymore. Sleeping with babies for most of ten years has cured me. I am also able to sleep with a bit of light in the room, although I prefer complete darkness.
I am not as selfish or as concerned with making a good impression. I guess that goes with being bolder and being a mommy.
I still believe that cleanliness is next to godliness but have realized that humility is more so. My house is never spotless anymore, just a constant work in progress.
I don't really have just one favorite color anymore. Red or green usually jump out at me but I love all colors, even pink!
I love art! I think art is like music, it has the ability to draw out and express the soul. I don't think anyone knows how deeply I am moved by good art!
I don't show my feelings easily. Sometimes I feel so overwhelmed with emotion that it feels as though it could burst out of me but usually doesn't.
I don't get emotionally riled when someone has a different opinion, (unless it's about abortion.)I realize how much pride I was accustomed to. It's actually OK to think differently and not try to convince others you're right!
I'd rather not attend a "church". I'd rather not be influenced by pop-christian ideas and instead listen to the still small voice.
I enjoy watching the news and actually care about politics and world issues. I vote.
I still love the outdoors. I find the loveliness of trees, birds, grass and wind to be sadly overlooked! I LOVE flowers! All types and colors. I love rain, snow, fires, stars and insects. I love gardening and drinking tea on the front porch.
I love berries,tomatoes and coffee. (My morning coffee is like a cup of joy.)
My biggest pet peeve is when people type "prayers". Prayer is supposed to be between you and God, thus his suggestion that we enter into a closet and not do it before man....
I don't mind mustard on my burgers anymore but still hate potato salad.
Sweet tea, fried asparagus and Rhubarb Pie are traditions that well never end.
could go on and on but think I'll stop for now. ~

0 comments: