Monday, March 29, 2010

Today


Today I went to storage and got my totes of scrapbooks. I've been spending a lot of time researching my family tree and wanted to get some more old photos to add to it.
I also went to Wal Mart and the Dollar Tree to get Easter goodies and printer ink.
The kids are looking foreword to Easter.
Friday,Emma noticed that there are Easter decorations all over the mall even though it's not Easter and wondered why. I told her that they want to remind us that Easter is coming and to celebrate. She added: "And for Jesus, he can save people you know." I love the simplicity and joy of children!
We had a great time that day. Teymoor took Isaiah for some guys only time, to play basketball and go out for dinner and Emma and I had "girl time" at the mall. We shared a plate of Chinese food, got her some new dress shoes, an Easter dress,a purse and earrings. We walked all over the mall looking and talking. Several times she said " I am having so much fun shopping with you mom!" I was having a blast too :)
Isaiah has been reading the Bible on his own lately. He read 17 chapters in Isaiah one day!
Hubby has been doing great at his new job. He finds it to be very rewarding and also encouraging to his faith. He is doing real ministry! Not the typical type of "ministry" that receives praise, like singing or watching undisciplined kids during service, but the kind that changes lives. The boys he cares for have been tortured, had parents kill themselves in front of them, beaten, hung in closets for days and all manor of evil done to them. They don't know love or compassion, but they are now asking my husband to read the Bible to them and pray with them every night. They want him to be their daddy because he is showing them that love is real and that Jesus wants and loves them. I am so proud of him.

0 comments: