Thursday, March 11, 2010

IN lOVE


Marriage is such a wonderful thing! I have been thinking about the many seasons of marriage. There's the new love and excitement, the warm and cozy comfort of really knowing each other and there's the rough times when you wonder if it will work out the way it's supposed to.
We have had some VERY tough seasons; the death of babies, losing homes, losing jobs,losing family, family members telling one or both of us to give up on the other and even outright attacks. I think that many many people give up on their marriage during those really hard times. They think that the love is gone and without that "lovin feelin" there's nothing to look foreword to.
I'd like to convince people that even though the good feelings are sometimes replaced my pain and anger, that doesn't mean they should give up!
I have been with my man for 16 years and today I am so truly in love with him! I have those feelings of excitement, the warm and cozy feelings and the respect that comes from knowing that man will put up with me no matter what! I know what it means to be loved because love isn't just feelings, it's doing the right thing despite your feelings. If you do that, the wonderful feelings of a woman passionately in love and blissfully happy will become a very real part of your life.
Marriage should be forever and I am so glad that we never gave up, even when we wanted to.

0 comments: