Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Meatloaf


Meatloaf, that all American food of TV infamy (you know, the food that the husbands dread and kids feed to the dog)is not one of my favorite foods. Tonight I came up with a recipe for one that was actually really good and everyone enjoyed! Unfortunately I didn't measure everything but I wanted to write down the ingredients so I can repeat it.
Here goes:
3 LB. Ground Round
1 can Tomato soup
1 onion
1 can green beans
3 eggs
1 sleeve Ritz style crackers, crushed
1-2 Cups rolled oats
Garlic salt, aprox. 1-2 TBSP.
Steak seasoning
1/4 tsp. curry powder
BBQ Sauce (we love Sweet Baby Rays)
Blend green beans and onion in a blender. (Kids don't eat onions and hubby hates green beans but this fools them.) Mix all ing. well and spread into 9x13 pan. Top with a few swirls of BBQ Sauce. Bake in 350 degree oven for about 40 minutes.

0 comments: