Sunday, October 19, 2014

Perfectionism Hurts

I never get everything that I need to get done, or do anything to my own satisfaction. I wish I wasn't quite so critical..and that I didn't have so many things needing done. Some days it really gets me down. Chronic pain and a nursing baby get together and keep me from doing nearly what I need to.

 I'm trying to learn to be (at least partially) satisfied with whatever accomplishments I actually manage to accomplish.
 In this spirit I am going to start making "done" lists like I make "to do" lists. If anyone other than me is actually reading this, please know that I'm not bragging,rather I'm trying to give myself some visual encouragement.
 So here's today's "done" list:
(In no particular order)
 Put away most of the laundry
Changed bed sheets
Washed four loads of laundry 
Re-hung living room curtain
Carved pumpkins with the kids
Did dishes
Packed hubby's lunch
Vacuumed twice
Hung Emma's shelf
Made Emma's bed
Hung some decorations
Made lasagna
Made tea
Cooked biscuits and eggs for breakfast
Watched Abbott and Costello,Hold that Ghost, with the kids
Spent lots of time cuddling and nursing Judah

 I'm not done for the day and still have a very long "to do" list but at least something got done!

0 comments: