Thursday, November 17, 2016

Wreck Dream

 So, it's been almost 30 years since I was in a serious car wreck and last night I had a very vivid memory dream. I call it a memory dream because only when you have a memory can you actually feel the shock of the impact, the mental  shock, the heat where you are cut open and the blood is pouring. A regular dream just doesn't bring back that terror. To add to the pain of it I also went to the front and picked up my baby sister, just like I did in reality, at first thinking she was dead, but then seeing her alive and rocking her and comforting her again and again before I woke.
 In my dream she was a baby, rather than a 4 year old, and I was thinking that it's my sister Heidi. The mind plays crazy tricks on you. Perhaps it was because I have felt so much sadness for my sister over the last several years, and so badly wish I could make things OK for her.
 At any rate, I woke  up and prayed. I prayed for my sisters and brother and I prayed for my children and husband.I also took ahold of my husbands hand and pulled him closer to me.
 It was  a reminder of how much safer I have felt since having my husband to love me. I am so grateful for my family and for life.

0 comments: