Friday, August 17, 2012

Emma




Today my wonderful Emma turned six. She is and has always been a miraculous blessing to us!
I had a uterine deformity that makes it very hard to carry babies to term. Before Emma I had one live birth, requiring months of bed rest, and three miscarriages. We had given up on more children because the pain of their deaths became too much to carry.
 I am a devout Christian but have seen a lot of false preachers, especially those that call themselves "prophets". I do not run to see every 'guru' that comes along expecting miracles!
When a prophet from Africa came to our church I went to hear him without any particular expectation. The Spirit of The Lord moved mightily on me and I could not stop myself from crying throughout the service. At the end of the service the alters were opened for prayer and I went foreword.
Unable to talk through the tears I did not tell the man what I wanted or ask for anything. This man, that I'd never met, laid his hands on me and heard from God on my behalf. He described my uterus to me, exactly as it had appeared on a sonogram, and told me that God was moving the wall in my uterus over and  that I would have a daughter and a son.
Two years later, without the timing, planning, trying and worrying,that had always been in the past, I was pregnant with my Emma. There was no bleeding, cramping, bed rest or emergency visits. I carried her to term and gave birth to a strong healthy girl.
 Three years after that I gave birth to Noah, again without complication and even PAST due.
 I was healed.
Every time I look at my precious daughter I am reminded of just how real God is and that He DOES still work in our lives on a very personal level.
 There is no surgery to fix what was wrong with me. There is no doctor that could stop the pattern of death that was following me.
There is a God that can and HE did.

0 comments: