Saturday, May 28, 2011

Real Life and Dreaming~


After a week of sickness, headaches,pain and stress for my little family I am really hoping for a good day today!
My man went to the dentist and after x-rays they said he must have a very high tolerance for pain because about 1/4Th of his teeth have rotted into his gums and he hadn't gone in for pain treatment. I know he's a tough guy but I sure wish I could fix it for him! Now they want to pull a bunch out or do expensive surgery ASAP..decisions decisions.
Crazy how one day you can have everything going along pretty nicely and then BOOM everything changes. Life is certainly real. I've been reading about the homeless lately and am very grateful that we have a house and vehicles, even if they do bleed us dry most of the time. I think owning land would be the most secure thing one can do for their family in these times; the only way to be sure that you don't end up homeless. While cities go up all around us,it's the farms and ranches that will last.
Owning something in the country is our dream and goal. I think it will happen some day but admit that I get impatient with the waiting.
Even a large yard can be a big help to a family. This year I planted a small garden at my in-laws and some more plants across the front of our home. If I had the wood or bricks and soil, I'd put raised beds around the yard as well. Growing healthy vegetables really helps a budget and is a satisfying venture. I would love to garden in every free and sunny spot if it were possible! City life is such drudgery! A garden helps to keep me sane. :)
So today, I am going to make banana bread, listen to music, pray and hope that my toughie of a man can get that second job that he's applied for.
With God, all things are possible.~

0 comments: