Tuesday, January 4, 2011

It takes work




I know that we are not saved by works but through Christ. I also know that it takes work to stay saved! No, not 'works' as in sacrificial lambs, skirts to the floor and mile high hair buns, but work as in great effort! It's hard to follow Christ because He never takes that wide comfy path. His way is narrow,bumpy.... tiring.


I am struggling so much with emotions and right choice making! I want to take an easier path, to run away, to be angry or just not care. I am having to work at staying calm, forgiving the one making mean phone calls or telling hurtful lies. Or even harder, forgiving the ones hurting the ones I love! Why can't my feelings about people be irrelevant, or better yet blissfully above reality! Oh to just tell them off and sock 'em in the nose!.... Wait.. um...OK....working...


Man, no, LORD, I really need help! That's where real grace comes in. See, grace isn't a magic thing that makes God blind to my sins, no, grace is that strength God gives that makes it supernaturally possible to do the right thing. He gives me the strength but I still have to work at it!

0 comments: