Tuesday, May 18, 2010

JOY in The Healing


I had such a great time Sunday! I was nervous about going because I would have to face someone that has caused a tremendous amount of pain for me and my family for many years. A very malicious and dishonest person. I have never liked conflict or facing enemies!
As I did actually face them for the first time in 12 years, I realized that I am healed. They no longer have a hold on my mind or emotions, they are irrelevant. A small part of a distant past that has no effect on me or mine.
I cannot describe how freeing that was! I was able to stand there and exchange small talk and walk away happy.
God is very good and helps us do as we aught but ultimately He leaves the choice to us and some choices take a lot of work and a lot of time. Growing up and growing into oneness with your spouse also take time and effort. I can absolutely tell you that it's worth the work and the waiting.

0 comments: