Monday, February 18, 2013

Love/Hate Facebook

I have a love-hate relationship with facebook. I love seeing what goes on in a lot of peoples lives...and then I hate it.
 I love being able to see nieces and nephews that I have no other way of seeing and then I hate the sadness that overflows my mind when I'm reminded that this is as close as I will ever get.
 I love being able to see my sisters...and then hate the reminder that they really don't care to see me.
 I love seeing people that were friends 20 years ago... and then hate seeing that they no longer serve God.
  I love seeing people passionate about God....and then hate seeing how many are passionate about false doctrines.
  I love feeling closer to people that are actually very distant...and then hate the fact that facebook does exactly that; it convinces you that you have friends that you do not have and relationships that are nothing deeper than buttons and photos.
 Sometimes I love facebook more than I hate it but not lately.

0 comments: