Sunday, February 26, 2012

Fitting In


I have come to the conclusion that I'll really never quite "fit in" anywhere. I'm not crying about it, it's just a simple fact.
I'm way too conservative for the 'world'. I don't cuss or drink, I won't wear shorts and I think swimwear is shameful. I believe that birth/blessing control is horrible in every way;propagating Satan's view that humans are a curse to the planet. I homeschool my kids and don't make my 'career' away from my family. I listen to mostly 'Christian' music and I love Jesus.I bake bread and love gardening and canning. I think we should have a legal right to protect our families, with guns or otherwise, and don't have a problem with the death penalty. I think hunting is good, if done for food and not sport. I avoid doctors and don't allow my children to be injected with unborn baby tissue and poison in a vain attempt to keep them from getting chicken pox or other ills.(Even if I thought vaccines were safe for my own children I'd reject them on moral grounds.) I believe that Jesus is the one and only way to Heaven.
On the flip side, I'm not legalistic enough for most homeschool circles. I'll never wear a head covering and I do wear pants. I like makeup and enjoy watching TV. I like loud music (even Christian metal and rap) as much as I enjoy Vineyard and Ella Fitzgerald, and dancing around the house with my kids. I believe in "charity" and open arms more than closed borders. I love nature and feel very sad every time I see a tree cut down. I don't like to eat wild game because it tastes 'wild'.Even though I'd shoot anyone that tried to attack my children, I hate having guns around and the death they were created to cause. I'm proud of my Native American heritage and do not believe that this country was ever a predominately "godly" place. I take Teylenol for headaches and give the kids decongestant when they need help breathing at night. I do not believe that there is a correlation between church attendance and a godly heart.
So there you have it; I will never fit in anywhere but in my own home, but that's OK because that's where I like to be. :)

0 comments: