Sunday, September 13, 2009

Noah Malachi Salehi











The Castor Oil worked! I took two tsp.once and another tsp. 4 hours later, after contractions had started. The contractions were strong right away and started at 10 min apart. Only two hours into labor they were 4 min apart and almost unbearable. They were 3-5 min. apart all the way Wichita and they went all down into my thighs. I had strong, horrid contractions for about 18 hours before I was ready to push. (Isaiah was a normal labor and SO MUCH EASIER!!!) I had them give me an epidural but because of my back and nerve issues they don't work properly on me. I had relief for a little while and then,while I couldn't move my legs, I could completely feel the pain in my left side, back, uterus and thigh.
For pushing, I had my dead legs in stirrups but could feel all of the contractions and pushing/pressure. I pushed for almost two hours but he was sunny side up and a bit sideways with the cord around his neck, Doctor tried oil massages ,pressure and tried to turn him with the contractions but without success. After many panic sessions over monitor readings the doc decided it was time for a c-section. I was disappointed but after being awake for two days and in agony for one I wanted it to be over.
It took a long time for the anesthesiologist to get me done. He used the epidural, spinal and another medicine. I was having non-stop torturous contraction pain during the spinal process and had been dilated to ten for over 2 1/2 hours by the time he finished. When he did it was heaven! I wasn't even cold and was numb from the chest down.Hunny said "mt poor wife" and I said I felt wonderful!
Surgery was quick and hearing my little one cry was the perfect happy moment.
He was 7.1 lbs. and 19 inches long. Big brown eyes,daddy's chin and plenty of black hair.
He is a great nurser and loves cuddles and singing.
In the end, labor was a horror and the surgery wasn't nearly as bad. If we are blessed with more babies we will be coming back here for the c-sections. Doctors and nurses are fantastic!
We are very blessed and grateful.

0 comments: